- Never pay in advance to the seller that you do not know.
- Even if the seller discloses their personal information or bank account number, this does not protect you from being cheated.
- Where possible, request original receipt and a written receipt for the purchase.
- Never send the goods before payment arrangements have been finalised.
Take extra caution when…
- The offer sounds too good to be true.
- The other party keeps pushing you to complete the deal.
- Someone asks for your bank account or credit card number.
- Paying large amounts to people you don’t know. Try to meet up at a shop or at a public place.
- Buying branded items. It is always advisable to meet up with the buyer at a shop and check the authenticity of the item.